Saturday, September 5, 2009

Random!

Jared taking an ice bath for sore hip flexers (sp?). He had his U16 practices, plus Icedogs during the day, and Icedog scrimmage at night for about a week straight. He was one sore kid! I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but he was freezing!
Carson in his cross country race about 2 weeks ago.


He did really well. They never did say what place the kids got, or put in the paper, but I think he got 3rd place for 7th graders. 1st and 2nd place were also from NPM school. Only 5 kids came in ahead of him. 2 7th graders from his school. 2 others were 6th graders, and one other kid, we werent sure about, as he was super tall, so we are assuming he was an 8th grader.

My foot after I got all the bandages off of it. Boy did that feel good. stitches are out now, bruising all gone, and scar already fading away. (and the marker is washed off!)
Funny story...when the Dr was drawing on my foot before the surgery, he said a teen patient he had years before, the nurse drew on his foot. (they draw, I guess so they make sure they do the right foot), so anyways, when he went in to perform the surgery, he took off his sock and numbed the kids foot up, and then read what was written (Thankfully) and it said "you touch this toe and you die!" The kid wrote that on himself! haha The Dr said he was lucky that he didn't slice open the wrong foot. But he did have two numb feet instead of one when he woke up.




Way late on this picture! This is Jared outside the DMV building on June 2nd, right after he got his driver's license!




1 comment:

Gayle said...

Your toe photos are killing me. I really dislike pain. How did you know to put Jared in the ice bath? Elijah was having so much pain I ended up taking him to the ortho doc, but it turns out he is growing so fast his muscles aren't stretched enough and it hurts to run. Nick gets bad hip pain, too. I doubt I could ever get my boys in that tub though. I had a heck of a time getting ice on Elijah's sprained ankle! Wimps!

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...