I remember going to Hallmark each year and reserving my hockey ornament for 6 years.
Im pretty sure I bought this volleyball girl on sale the year that Derek and I lived together back in 91-92 at Sophies Plaza. It was a pretty sad looking tree, but this one was hanging on it.
This one is Carson's favorite Ornament. You push the button up top and it clicks off a day, so you can count down the days until Christmas. The Mickey Mouse one, I remember I was waiting for it to come in at Hallmark. So when I went they didn't have any out, and I asked the person working and she said she had one in back. So she brought it out to me and some other lady was there and her last name was Disney or Mickey (something like that) and she pretty much tried to take it from me. haha But its a great little clock.
Carson made this at St. Nick's (our church) in 2004 during Sunday School. I have loved it ever since. When Jared came out of class, he said he threw his in the garbage cause he thought they were dumb. I was so mad at him!
My oldest ornament for sure. This hung on my parents Christmas tree when I was little. I loved laying under the tree and looking up at all the ornaments. (and counting who had the most presents!) This was in my mom's garage sale one year! I almost had a heart-attack. Its just a cheap piece of plastic ornament, but I just love it and every year it goes on the tree!
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Special Christmas ornaments....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...
1 comment:
I love all the stories you told about your special ornaments. I love Christmas time,too. I remember laying forever under the tree looking up at all the lights. Hoping to do our tree tonight or tomorrow (when Emily is back).
Post a Comment