Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Happy #17 Birthday Jared!!

Today is Jared's 17th birthday! I cannot believe it. Where has the time gone? It seems as if we just had him. He wanted to go out to Big Daddy's BBQ for his bday dinner. On the way home we were talking about his 'birth' day and other times when he was younger. He was born in NC, right after hockey season ended for Derek. At just over a week home, we drove the thousand of miles back to Alberta with this brand new baby. He even visited Mt. Rushmore! We spent a lot of miles in the car with him during his baby/toddler days, driving back and forth between NC/Alberta/Alaska. He even spent his 2nd bday in Disneyworld in Florida and then we drove, yes DROVE back to Alaska from there. He grew up too fast!
On Easter, we had the whole family over, so we told the family we would do Jared and my niece Jenna's birthday then, since we were all together. We surprised Jared with a new cellphone and gave it to him that day as well. So anways, when we came home from dinner, we are sitting here and Carson says "okay time for presents!" and I say, "Um there are no presents, cause we already gave him his phone." So Carson yells out: "I will give you a present Jared," and he ran upstairs. We could hear thumping and thrashing and after about 5 minutes he comes down the strairs with Jared's guitar strapped to him singing Happy Birthday to Jared.
I really had some tears in my eyes. It was just so darn sweet and so Carson!


He blew the candles out 1 at a time!



2 comments:

Gayle said...

I definitely would have cried. I sure wish the siblings around here were that thoughtful to one another! Happy Birthday Jared!

an.Alaskan.mom said...

weep weep

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...