Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meet Hunter...


Okay since I did Tiger...I have to add our dog Hunter. When we first moved into our house in Oct. of 01, we decided we would get a puppy. We decided on a Border Collie. Derek called me and said some were in the paper for $150.00. We called and the puppies were from Delta, but their son lived in NP, and the puppies were coming up the next day. We were the first caller so we had first pick. So the next day (the kids did not know) I told the boys that we were going to some guys house to buy Dad a gun for his bday, as a surprise. On this day it was -40 below. The house was right behind McPeaks in NP. We walk up, and there was a little dog house in the yard, and when we went in, all these white and black puppies rushed out. The guy came out and said which one do you want. The boys, of course realized at this point what was going on. The biggest, fattest puppy came running right up to Jared and Jared said "This one!" I took one look at his weight and size and was like "are you sure? What about that little one over there with the brown on it?" "Nope, this is the one I want!" Being that it was 40 below and this guy seriously had the puppies outside (who does that when people are trying to pick out their new pet?) I was in no mood to keep looking....so the biggest, fattest one it was! The two names we liked were Cooper or Hunter.....it was decided he would be Hunter. Besides his endless white fur he leaves EVERYWHERE.....he is the best dog! He, like Lucy's dog, fetches non stop. Balls...frisbees, sticks....you name it. He even goes to the bathroom out in the woods and not on the grass! He is about (well at his heaviest) around 80 lbs. I think he is around 70 lbs now. Average border collie is like around 40lbs. We are pretty much thinking our purebred border collie is actually a lab/collie mix. But that is OK....we wouldn't trade him! He is now just about 7 years old, and I pity the fool who ever tries to attack us when he is around. Derek and I cannot even play fight around him. Anyways, here is to Hunter...another great part of our family!

No comments:

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...