Monday, February 2, 2009

First Born...


Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself! Tag 10 mommies when you're finished.Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes and No....No really planned, but not doing anything to prevent it either.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Newly married, yes.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? My reactions were very, very happy, can't really say that about Derek (shock) and his family though....bad memories there.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Never ever ever
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I felt all the signs...and walked to the mall which was across the street from my apartment and bought a test.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Hmmm, I think I called my mom long distance and told her first, as Derek was at work on a long shift, and if anyone knows me, they know I cannot stand to know something and not tell someone! Derek was next though, as soon as he walked in the door.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? I did, but we didn't. (Derek always claimed it was a boy-and he was right).
9. DUE DATE? I think it was April 28, 93
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Very much so....never went anywhere without a safeway bag in the car.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? I didn't really crave anything, but I do remember not being able to make it through the night without eating....always had a banana on my bedside table to eat.
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Didn't really have that, but once I was watching the show Life Goes On...remember that, with the Down's Syndrome kid named Corky? Well Derek hated that show, and he walked in and said something like oh, watching Corky the Dorky...something like that, and I flew off the handle upset! He apologized.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Male
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? No way!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I think around 40.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, by strangers that were fans of the Raleigh Icecaps...what great people. (Derek was playing hockey at the time.)
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Surprise, but I found out.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Wake Medical Center, in Raleigh, NC
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? I think total from start at home until birth for 12.
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Derek
22. WHO WAS WITH YOU WHEN YOU GIVE BIRTH? Derek
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Yes, just a local
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? He weighed in at 7 lbs, 13 ou.
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ? 4-14, almost 2 weeks early
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Jared Derek
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY 2 months shy of 16 years old.

No comments:

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...