Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy 16th Birthday Jared!

This was taken in some motel when Jared was 11 days old. He was born in North Carolina about 1 week after Derek's hockey season ended. We waited until he was 7 days old, then we made the trek back to Derek's hometown in Alberta. We were driving and it took about 4 or 5 days. New young parents....It was quite a drive!
This picture always cracks me up. We had it taken when Jared was just 3 months old. Shortly after we got the pictures back, Derek went on a European hockey tour for about two weeks later that summer. Many of the players on the team were from his Raleigh Icecap team, so I was very excited for Derek to bring this picture to show all the guys. Most of the guys left right after the season ended, and I didn't have Jared until a week later, so they never got to see him. When Derek got back from the tour, of course I was all over him about what all the guys thought about my beautiful, beautiful bundle of joy! Derek said they all said he had a BIG head! I was crushed! How could they say that about my beautiful baby.
Now I see it. =) It's still a beautiful head!

This was our very first Christmas card. Taken at the Dortan Arena where the Icecaps played. I think Jared was pretty much born into hockey.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Big head or not, he is still absolutely adorable!! :)

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...