Monday, August 3, 2009

Valdez trip

You can't see from the distance, but I just happened to have my camera on, as I had just taken a picture of a mountain, when we came upon a eagle, raven and seagull eating on a dead rabbit. The eagle took that one last bite and due to his size didn't quite get the height of the other two birds. Too bad I didn't click a few seconds later, because that Eagle was in my direct vision and we barely missed clipping him. Phew!
Alaskan pipeline

Weird cloud formations we saw....looked like alien ships


us up on the Worthington Glacier....we hiked almost to the top





Boys on the rocks near the glacier



Seals in the Prince William Sound



bad lighting with my camera...but Jared and a pink


Carson and a pink



Jared and Derek


Derek with one of his pinks



and yet more pinks..


and more....


the boys playing a game in the RV




Jared's biggest catch...

Boys on the docks in Valdez


Carson pointed out that this looked like the shape of Alaska in the side of the mountain....it really does...


Jared and another pink salmon



on the highway heading home...


Quick stop at Kultina River for some more fishing...



Jared fishing the Gulkana River




















1 comment:

Gayle said...

I went to Allison Point about seven years ago and didn't catch squat in three days. You guys must have the Gift of Fish. Great photos of your trip.

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...