
This is an old sandbox that we built when the boys were smaller. The last few years it's been sitting around doing nothing. I dug up a bunch of the strawberries that were in the weeds and transplanted them. Then Derek and Jared built a sidewalk of sorts into the garden with some rocks we have had sitting here forever.

Trying to take my annual picture of the boys with the dog by our wild iris. Hunter, who usually is happy to post and smile with the boys, got a little wild thinking I was going to throw a frisbee or his tennis ball, that he knocked Carson right over. Carson's feet remind me of the witch who got hit by the house in the Wizard of Oz!


Then the boys each snapped a shot of me with one of them.
6 comments:
paz, so much to say....
first, how can you be old enough to have your boys? you're so purty. and they're quite handsome, and seem to be good good kids who really love each other and you.
second, so jared will delay his senior year? or will he go to school in iowa? this league he made sounds so incredibly wonderful! i'm sure you're a big mix of pride and happiness, and sadness too, seeing him leave for a year... it sounds like an amazing accomplishment and experience.
third, 5,000 calories! holy smacks. that would be fun though. milkshakes and cheesecake and cheese and peanut butter and pancakes...
fourth, what is carson doing with the twine as he's watching toy story?
finally, your yard looks great!
peace, patty.
much love.
Thanks for the compliment Dee! I miss your blog. =( Loved your family photo on FB though!
My boys are good kids (so far) and they really do love each other.
Jared will spend his senior year in Cedar Rapids. He will go to the local high school there. One of the parents of one of the boys who was on the team last year, told me they split the boys from the team up between two of the local high schools. I guess it is too much to have them all at one school, because they are quite popular. And yes, it is very bittersweet, but he probably should have been playing there last year, and I held him back, so it is time. Yes! The calories have been hard. Lots of pancakes, and sandwiches he has been eating. He is not much of a junk food eater. He does protein shakes as well with his workouts.
I had to go back and look at Carson and the twine. Almost looks as if he is flossing his teeth! haha I have no idea what he is doing!
Yards are so much work, but so enjoyable! Our summers are way to short!
xoxox Dee!
Great to hear he'll be so popular... With the ladies ;) the pictures with you are so adorable! I love them.
The one with Hunter on Carson cracks me up. Goofy dog! Nice planter box with the walkway. I raked some gravel yesterday, but until I can keep people from driving on it it will always be messed up.
Sydney, I have no idea if it is with the ladies (but I sorta assume that), that is just what one of the dad's told me about splitting the high school players up between two schools. Jared already said he is going to school, hockey and workouts! no Worries!
I always love looking at all your pictures Patty! You have such a beautiful and loving family! Love the pictures of you with each of the boys separately. Congrats on Jared's accomplishments with hockey. I know you'll miss him but he will be just fine! Now you can spend extra amounts of time with Carson and drive him insane :)
Post a Comment