Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We had a great trip in Las Vegas.
My dad and I flew down a couple of days early to take in some of the sights before we were hockey bound. I spent a whole whopping $25 dollars gambling. Really just something that doesn't thrill me too much. Plus too much ciggarette smoke in those casinos. Vegas was nice though for a vacation and my first time there.
I have added lots of new photos, so you probably need to go to older posts to see them all!
Jared's team is now one of 12 teams left to go onto Nationals to compete for the top spot. From what some of the Anchorage parents are saying it is the first time in 16 years that this level has made it to Nationals. The last team they thought, was Scott Gomez's team, and they went all the way on to win 1st place at Nationals!
Oh and guess what....they get to play Shattuck's in game number 2 at Nationals! I said that at the start of the season, when Jared first tried out for the All-stars, that they better win state, then regionals, and then they better play Shattucks at Nationals! (Shattuck's gets automatic spot at Nationals). Guess it will happen now.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Where are Nationals? Are you going? What an awesome opportunity for Jared and his teammates. Oh, and to play Shattuck's. Won't that be something!

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...