So both Carson and I are finished reading the Vladimir Tod books. They were very good. We looked online and part 4 with Vlad entering his 11th grade year comes out in February. We were so excited! We also saw where the author had finished writing Vlad's 12th grade adventures as well. (hope they don't get to risque for Carson with the main character getting older and more and more into girls). Yikes!
Carson also read part 1 (the only part he got for Christmas, so I could make sure he liked them-I know, what was I thinking?) The Rangers Apprectice. Guess where we went today-Yep B&N to get parts 2-6. He is happily sitting on the couch reading away!
Both of Carson's Grandma's are big readers. I didn't start getting into reading until about 9 years ago. I have a lot to catch up on! That was probably about the time that either Derek or I started reading to Carson. Of course we read to Jared too, but that was more like little kid books. With Carson he really liked chapter books, so one of us when he went to bed would sit there and read a couple of chapters out loud to him. (many of times Jared would be listening out in the hall of his bedroom door). Then Carson would take AR tests at school on the books he listened too. This moved into buying the books on tape, and we would listen to them in the car. (you know that long NP to Fairbanks drive and back!). And then pretty soon he was reading Harry Potter type books on his own at a fairly young age. Here's to my (not so) little bookworm!
1 comment:
It is so awesome the way Carson reads. I think Olivia might be like that once she learns how to read. Right now she loves listening. It's so cool that you read the books, too. Gives you another thing to talk about.
Post a Comment