Anthem before Friday nights game.
This was during Saturday nights game. It was military appreciation night. The guy to the far left of the picture was getting ready to sing God Bless the USA. One of my very favorite songs. It was really nice. Most fans were singing along. I loved it! (Even though I had a Canadian and a Russian standing right behind me!).
Aren't they pretty?Overall, I think this has a been a great experience for these boys. Getting to practice with them everyday. I think they got around 13 or 14 games each. Although, we as parents though their playing time should have been way more, it was really great to see them out there, holding their own as 16 year olds, against older, stronger opponents. It was also humbling for them, and us to have to sit the bench. They have always gotten the most playing time on their teams, so it was probably a good thing for them to appreciate what their teammates have had to endure in the past. I know it was for me anyways. I was a bench warmer in High School basketball, so I know the feeling personally, but boy it sure is different feeling that for one of your children. But really, it was a very good thing for these boys. I look forward to seeing what they do next year and watching them improve even more as players and people!
Good luck boys!


1 comment:
What a wonderful man he has grown into. Looks great in a Junior hockey jersey. (Watching your child sit the bench sucks at every level in every sport. Really.) Good luck in the future.
Post a Comment