Monday, February 1, 2010

Here is Carson getting his 'good grade' certificate at school this morning. He got a 3.43 GPA. Last quarter he had a 3.83 (I think it was). He told me about the ceremony at the school, and I didn't write it on the calendar. One of my co-workers whose son is also at the middle school was talking about her son's ceremony and I assumed they were the same day. Wrong. Her son is in a different grade, so I missed Carson's. I think he was disappointed, as was I.
Anyways, for this quarter, he walked right into the house and personally wrote it on the calendar. Luckily, both Derek and I were able to make it. I think there were about 12 parents there. This takes place at 8am. Kind of a weird time, but anyways, we were there this time to see him get his certificate.
Proud of you Carson, as always!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

How impressive! Good for Carson. (Wish I saw those kinds of grades around here! LOL) Is that a teacher in the tie and jeans? Just curious...it seems more and more when I go into the schools it's Casual Friday every day. I like the way it was when I was a kid...all the teachers were in slacks/dresses etc. Kids don't respect authority like they used to...maybe it's because they dress the same as the kids. Just a thought...rambling now! LOL Good luck to Carson on another successful quarter of grades.

an.Alaskan.mom said...

Way to go Carson!

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...