Friday, February 19, 2010

So the Icedogs get to go to local schools and read to kids or whatever the teacher needs them to do. They usually do this right after practice. Since Jared still has a couple of classes at the high school, he never gets to do this as he always has to go back to class. I had him come to the kindergarten class that I work in. Here is talking about having good grades and to stay in school.
He brought Carson's old hockey gear with him, and he dresses one of the boys in the class in the gear.

Next it is one of the girls....after all girls play hockey too!
Her smile tells it all!


Finally he handed out a autographed pictures of himself that I printed up.



Group shot! They loved having him. It was good community service for Jared, along with practicing those speaking 'in public' skills. Plus, I got to show off one of my kids for a few minutes!





4 comments:

an.Alaskan.mom said...

Carly was pretty excited to bring a picture home too. I said to her, "is that really for you?" It is on our fridge. :)

Gayle said...

What an awesome kid you have raised. Not sure one of my kids could speak up like that...and well, no one wants their autograph. You must be so proud.

Dee said...

Patty,

I love this post--the adorable kids and seeing how well you raised your sons. It's just beautiful.

I didn't know that you worked at an elementary school! NP?

Patty said...

Yes Dee...NPE....

Thanks so much for your comment!

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...