Saturday, November 8, 2008

So Im a little sappy....

Im at the hotel and feeling a bit bored, so feel the need to post!
Do you hear that I finally changed up some of my songs? It took me so long because I forgot my username and password. Yes ,I never wrote it down. In fact I don't think I wrote my new one down either, so when I need to change I won't remember again.
Anyways, there is a story behind my Savage Garden, "I knew I loved you before I met you," song.
When we lived in North Carolina, Jared was around 1 or 2 years old. I had one of those vivid dreams where I was having another baby. Derek was there with the Dr. and I had the baby. In my dream I could not see the baby's face, but the Dr. announced that it was a boy. Then in my dream I announced that the baby's name was Carson. That was the dream. Simple, but just seemed really real.
The next morning, when I woke up, I tell Derek about the dream and how we had another boy, and named him Carson. Derek said something like: as in "Johnny Carson?" I was like I dunno that is just what we named him. And Derek was like: "I like it!" and I agreed and said I did too.
So then when Jared was getting close to 3 and I really did get pregnant, the whole time we just knew the baby was going to be a boy, and that we would name him Carson. No thinking on that boy's name at all. It was Carson the whole time.
So then, a couple years later, we are living in RedDeer, Alberta. We had just bought our first condo. I had boxes everywhere and was busy unpacking. I had the radio blasting in the background. The song, I knew I loved you before I met you, was on the radio. I stopped what I was doing as I heard the lyrics:
"I know that it might sound more than a little... crazy, but I believe,
I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life."
Those Lyrics....those just hit home and seemed like my song about Carson. So I told Derek how I just loved this song. That Christmas, I was opening some gifts in my stocking. Derek had given me a CD of the single of that song. I was all excited and went over to the CD player to put it in. When I was opening the case, I noticed on the back of the CD case, it had the release date. That release date was November 2nd.
Carson's birthday is November 2nd.
I know it is just coincedental, but I thought it was way cool, and a total sign and it has been mine and Carson's song ever since. I always tell him I want to dance to that song as his wedding. His wife may have different ideas, but it will always be our song.
I still have that single.

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Okay, that is way sappy and way cool. Why can't I have stories like that? Besides the whole kid part, the other part of that story that gets me is the single in the stocking. I mean not only did a man listen to his wife, he remember what she said and did something sweet. I like that part! :)

keturi/faro clan said...

wow...ok I got tears in my eyes! I understand the whole dream thing. for years I had dreams where I would be calling the boyS (notice the plural term) in for dinner. Troy didnt want any kids (although he is very thankful for Ty now) I could never talk him into another...I am so thankful for both my boys. This memory came back to me this summer when I called the boys in for dinner! Great story Patty.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys...Glad you liked it. It is one of my favorite parts of life. Once I heard the song playing in Gottschalks, and I called Carson and said Carson listen to this! Lucy, I remember you talking about your dream before. They can be powerful sometimes!

Melissa said...

I LOVE this story. Brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...