Thursday, January 8, 2009

Okay, being that the Holiday's are over, not to mention that it is MINUS 40 below outside, there has not been a whole lot going on around here lately for me to post about. I decided I would re-tell you all a story about Carson.
This was a couple of years ago, when Carson was around 10 years old.
While we were in New York (Jared and I) for hockey, Derek was working nightshift, so Carson was being shuffled back and forth between family and friends during that time period.
He stayed one night with my younger brother Steve, his wife Connie and their daughter Maggie. Maggie was 7, I think.
Anyways, Connie told me this story, so hopefully I repeat it correctly. Connie said they were watching soccer on TV. (Maggie was, and still is big into soccer). So they are watching some sort of professional soccer on TV, and Aunt Connie jokingly says to Carson something like "Hey Carson when Maggie is playing soccer for the USA Olympic team are you going to come and watch her play?" So Carson replies something like (with all seriousness)
"Yeah, I will try, but I will probably be so busy with my own NHL schedule that I doubt I will be able to make it!"
That's my Carson!

2 comments:

Gayle said...

You can knock confidence! It's a great quality to have.

keturi/faro clan said...

Hey Patty...I lost your email somehow. Can you email me at Lucy@mzwlaw.com please?

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...

8 stars of gold, on a field of blue...